While making my Minecraft block cross stitch patterns I had the idea to also turn these cross stitch blocks into 3D cubes like my Minecraft crochet corner to corner 3D blocks. The first of these I have completed is definitely one of my favourites – a Minecraft Axolotl block.
Keep an eye out for more Minecraft cross stitch cubes over the next few weeks.
Want more Minecraft Makes….
Minecraft Mini Cross Stitch Block Series: Part 1 – Axolotl
- Embroidery thread (Colours I used are shown on the pattern):
- 3 shades of pink.
- Embroidery Needle.
- Toy stuffing or foam cube.
- White Embroidery fabric (you can choose any colour you prefer).
- 28 count Evenweave or 14 count Aida.
Minecraft Mini Cross Stitch Block Series: Part 1 – Axolotl, Pattern
- When cross stitching the cube sides, make sure to leave at least a 4cm gap between each of the sides for cutting out later on.
Minecraft Mini Cross Stitch Block Series: Part 1 – Axolotl, Assembly
- Once you have completed your 6 cube sides, cut out the cubes leaving a 2cm gap around the edge of the sides.
- Take 2 of the sides and sew to join using 2 strands of light pink embroidery thread and by completing a whip stitch into each of the backstitches down the side edges of the two sides.
- Complete with the remaining sides leaving one side unsewn, place in your stuffing and finish closing the gap. If you want to use a solid piece of foam instead of stuffing insert the foam before joining the last side piece.