It’s been a little while but its time for some more hooded blankets to be added to the collection!
First out is a dragon – he’s out first as he was getting a little impatient and I couldn’t risk any flame blowing in my craft bag! Its now time to fly off and have some adventures!
Pattern comes in two different sizes and is available over on my Etsy shop:
I wanted to make a few more storage baskets and decided to make some with a dinosaur theme – so here are some stegosaurus storage baskets, might see if I can do a few more different dinosaurs patterns over the next few weeks.
The pattern is available over on my Etsy shop:
The Christmas countdown is on (how can it only be a week away!!) and I am so pleased I have got these little monsters finished – the last week before Christmas always seems to go by so quickly so I am glad to have got these finished so early on as I still have a load more makes to get finished before Tuesday!
Making these has definitely made me smile – think I may need to do a another pattern for some more of these!
Pattern is available over on my Etsy shop
I’ve had the idea for a flamingo cushion for a while now and when I received some Essential Trends fat quarters in pink by The Craft Cotton Company I knew they would be perfect for making one with.
It was great fun putting this cushion together and I have kept him sat on my craft desk as it makes me smile whenever I look at it – I will have to make some to go in some other rooms!
The tutorial to make your own is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog :
When I first saw the Star Gazer fat quarter set by The Craft Cotton Company I knew straight away what to make with it – an appliqué wall hanging, the fabric colours and patterns were perfect.
I opted to have a space rocket travelling through a star filled space surrounded by planets and stars and am really pleased with how it’s turned out.
The tutorial is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog:
I have had the Edwards Imaginarium by Kerry Lord for a while now and have finally got round to making some of the fantastic creations from it, it took me ages to decide which to pick for my makes as I like so many of the different options it was hard to pick! As there were just so many I liked I decided to make two (for now!).
For the first I decided to use a Arran wool which would give me a slightly bigger monster than if i had used DK which I normally use for these. This monster uses the combination H:18, A:3, and F:5.
For the second I opted for a variegated chunky wool which I have had for a while now and have been waiting for the right project for it. This monster uses the combination H:20, A:9, and F19 (I didn’t cut the loops as i liked how it looked).
Cant wait to make a few more of these!!
Following my first successful attempt at corner to corner crochet with my corner to corner hearts blanket I decided to venture back and try something else. I have had an idea for some crochet storage cases for a while now and combined with my like for making things Minecraft related I decided to combine to two and make some Minecraft themed storage cases.
After digging out my graph paper again I got started on the patterns for a Creeper and a Ghast (I was thinking of starting with a mooshroom cow but didn’t have any red!). once I had got the pattern sorted I could get started on the crochet part.
These cases measure up at approximately 20 x 11 cm, when using DK wool and a 4 mm crochet hook. The Ghast uses 3 colours (grey, black, white) and the Creeper uses 4 (black, dark green, medium green, light/sage green).
After I had completed the crochet part and sewn in all the loose ends it was time to put the cases together. Taking one of the cases I folded it in half with the right sides together and slip stitched down the two sides.
After turning it back out it was time to sew on the zip. I used a 20 cm zip but make sure you measure along the top edge of your finished case to ensure your zip size due to variations in wool and tension. Before sewing in the zip I completed a few stitches at the bottom of the zip to hold the loose ends together which makes it much easier for sewing in.
I first sewed the zip along one of the top edges, then opened the zip and sewed it to the other side.
I decided to add some lining to my case just to ensure no bits could fall out. I opted for lining which had a white wrong side and pattern on the right side for my Ghast so that you wouldn’t see any pattern through the case but would on the inside, however, you could choose any pattern or colour you would like. To do this I cut a piece of fabric (for each case) 21 x 22 cm and folded this in half (placing right sides together) so I had a piece 21 x 11 cm and sewed down the sides.
I then folded the top edge over by 0.5 cm and pressed it so it would hold, then I was able to sew the lining into the case by placing the lining inside the case, pinning it in place with the top edge of the lining 0.5 cm from the zip and securing using a slip stitch.
Ive been working on a few more crochet hooded blankets and the first new blanket out the craft basket is this very bright and happy flamingo!
The pattern is available over on my Etsy shop along with my other hooded blanket patterns:
Now to get back to finishing the others!