I’ve been working on a crochet granny along over the last 6 weeks by Zeens and Roger
It’s been great fun getting all the granny squares made for this – I was a bit worried I would be tight on time for getting them all finished but I managed to get them all made and put together with a few days to spare!
Now it’s all finished you can see the final pattern of the blanket – a Minecraft earth block blanket. I do like my Minecraft makes – I’ve already made a creeper blanket, creeper, squid, ghast blanket, mooshroom cow blanket, and a wolf blanket and I still have a few more ideas for some more!
I made the blanket 10×10 grannies and completed 2 rows of sc stitches around the whole blanket once I had sewn it all together.
So glad I joined in with this CAL I’m looking forward to taking part in another one!
Following on from my camel bunting I also made some soft toy camels!
On these I used buttons for the eyes and also made a tail out of the same fabric rather than use embroidery thread/ribbon. I couldn’t decide which way round to do the legs so opted to do them different ways on each of the camels!
The fabric is from the Moroccan Bazaar range by The Craft Cotton Company and there is a tutorial t make them over on their blog:
Following on from making the sprocket cushions using The Craft Cotton Company Moroccan Bazaar fabric range I also made some camel bunting – I wasn’t too sure of i could get it to work out as I wanted but after a few goes of different camel shapes and layouts I managed to get it exactly as I was wanting. I opted to do separate legs as it looked much better than when I just did a solid camel shape, and the added bonus with these is that because they are sewn on separately and just with the cross stitch in the the middle the do wobble a little bit which I think really adds to them. A little embroidery thread tail really finishes them off – I did think of using ribbon, but it was just coming out too big for my liking so decided the use the thinner embroidery thread.
The tutorial to make these is available over on the Craft Cotton Company website:
When I saw this Bambi fabric by The Craft Cotton Company I knew it would be perfect for making a quilt, I have been looking at doing a tumbling block pattern on a quilt for a while now and decided now was time to give it a go!
I have always stayed clear of the tumbling blocks as I was nervous about sewing them all together and making they all aligned together correctly. I was really surprised how it went without any major problems – ignoring the fact of I managed to sew the pieces wrong sides together instead of right sides together a few times but we can just pretend that didn’t happen!
I really like the way this has turned out and I will definitely be making another tumbling blocks pattern soon.
The tutorial to make one of these is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog:
I recently received some gorgeous Moroccan Bazaar fabric from The Craft Cotton Company – the bright colours and patterns definitely brightened up my day with all the cold, wet and dark weather! I made some sprocket cushions along with a few other items that you will see popping up over the next few weeks!
The tutorial to make your own sprocket cushions is available over on the Hobbycraft blog:
Following on from week 6 in week 7 I added in some snowdrops and a little more snowflake detail. After seeing all the snowdrops starting to come out I just had to add some in!
Week 8 has seen the addition of some crocus flowers and the start of a bee and ladybird – realised after starting them I had run out of black thread (typical!) so they will have to wait to be finished for now!
After completing my rabbit and mice crochet storage baskets I just couldn’t resist making a few more different animal ones – because my list of things to make isn’t long enough already!.
Carefully popping their heads out from the craft pile are these cute bears!
Pattern is available over on my Etsy shop:
I have still got quite a few more ideas for these so be prepared for a lot more basket animals over the next few weeks.
I loved using The Craft Cotton Company Sewing Bumblebee fabric on my bee embroidery hoop, and after seeing the spilt pins print in the Sewing Bumblebee fat quarter set (Navy) knew I had to make a sewing case for keeping all those loose needles and pins in from a project. It was perfect for the inside section, and I used the remaining patterns in the fat quarter to make a patchwork front and back.
The tutorial to make one is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog:
Week 6 of a year in stitches has seen the addition of a few more little details including a pine cone, acorn and a bit more leaf detail. I’ve also added in a little bit more detail to the rain.
Think I might try and focus a big on the wintery section over the next week.