I love using fabric yo yo’s in projects, they are really versatile and they are great in projects on their own as well as being ideal for adding in extra detail and texture.
For some yo yo makes check out my yo yo rabbit tutorial.
Making a fabric yo yo:
Making the yo yo:
- Draw out a circle on paper (an 8cm Size template will produce a 4cm size yo yo).
- Cut out the circle.
- Use the circle template to cut out a circle from the fabric – leaving a 0.5cm seam allowance.
- Fold in the edge of the circle by 0.5 cm and sew around to secure.
- Pull tight to form the yo yo.
- Sew a few stitches to hold together.