Earlier this year I took part in Zeens and Rogers granny cal 2019 and it took me a while to think of something I could do which would be a little different, then one day after spending a while messing with some graph paper and coloured pencils I thought about having a change of direction in the granny blanket. From that the granny log twist was born! I had to keep an eye on what row I was on when making the pattern as I had a habit of getting a bit carried away and forgetting I needed to add the twist in!
I have now made two of these blankets and have finally had a chance to get the pattern sorted and uploaded to my Etsy shop.
This blanket has been in the pipeline for a long time now, I have been making a bit, changing my mind on the stitches used, undoing it then redoing it and not liking the stripe arrangement and undoing it…. for what seems like forever, however I finally hit a breakthrough a few weeks ago where I found the perfect stitch and the perfect stripe layout.
I found the stitch gave a perfect textured snugglyness to the blanket which I was looking for and now I have finally got the blanket finished and the pattern is now available over on my Etsy shop. I love this blanket so much I am already starting on another in a different colour!
After a quiet few weeks after Christmas I decided it was time to get back on with some crochet makes and I decided to go for a corner to corner blanket, I had a crazy amount of ideas in my head for a pattern so it took me a little while to get one drawn down on paper since all the ideas were trying to compete with each other! But after a lot of changing about and editing the final pattern was this – the block crazy blanket!
Pattern is available over on my Etsy shop:
I recently took part in a Corner to Corner crochet along by Zeens and Roger (zeensandroger.wordpress.com) I really enjoy making corner to corner crochet as its great seeing the pattern gradually evolve so was really looking forward to giving it a go. I decided to do a Dachshund themed blanket. It took quite a few attempts to draw a pattern up I was happy with and even longer to decide on the colours to use but eventually I got there!
The pattern is available over on my Etsy shop:
I received some lovely Japanese Florals fabric by The Craft Cotton Company and decided to do a fan block quilt. I must admit was a little daunted about all the curves – I don’t think I have ever sewn so may curved edges before, however, I made sure I took my time (I’m terrible for flying off at speed and then wondering why it all went wrong!) and all the blocks came together without too many problems – I have to admit there were one or two I got a bit carried with and in my haste hadn’t pinned properly so had to redo – getting carried and going to quickly is always my downfall! The tutorial to make one is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog:https://www.craftcottonblog.co.uk
I have been wanting to give corner to corner crochet a try for a while now but I’ve had too many other projects on the go to really give it a try, so a few weeks ago I found some wool that I really wanted to use for a corner to corner make so I got the wool and decided that the other projects could take a back seat for a while so that I could give it a try!
I dug out some graph paper – it’s amazing what you can find at the back of a craft cupboard and gathered some colouring pencils and set about drawing a pattern out. I didn’t want to do anything too crazy so decided to go with a repeating heart pattern mini blanket – can never have too many hearts about.
After the pattern was completed it was time to get going and surprisingly it went really well – I did manage to mess up a couple of times and got a bit carried away and forgot to change colour but luckily realised before I had got too far. Once I had finished the pattern I did a round of single crochet and a round of half treble (UK)/half double (US) around the edges in pink.
Can’t wait to start the next one of these – I’ve got a few half coloured designs already!
If you would like to make one here is the pattern I drew up:
Final size is 88 x 72 cm, you could duplicate the pattern to make it larger.
I’ve been working on a crochet granny along over the last 6 weeks by Zeens and Roger
It’s been great fun getting all the granny squares made for this – I was a bit worried I would be tight on time for getting them all finished but I managed to get them all made and put together with a few days to spare!
Now it’s all finished you can see the final pattern of the blanket – a Minecraft earth block blanket. I do like my Minecraft makes – I’ve already made a creeper blanket, creeper, squid, ghast blanket, mooshroom cow blanket, and a wolf blanket and I still have a few more ideas for some more!
I made the blanket 10×10 grannies and completed 2 rows of sc stitches around the whole blanket once I had sewn it all together.
So glad I joined in with this CAL I’m looking forward to taking part in another one!
When I saw this Bambi fabric by The Craft Cotton Company I knew it would be perfect for making a quilt, I have been looking at doing a tumbling block pattern on a quilt for a while now and decided now was time to give it a go!
I have always stayed clear of the tumbling blocks as I was nervous about sewing them all together and making they all aligned together correctly. I was really surprised how it went without any major problems – ignoring the fact of I managed to sew the pieces wrong sides together instead of right sides together a few times but we can just pretend that didn’t happen!
I really like the way this has turned out and I will definitely be making another tumbling blocks pattern soon.
The tutorial to make one of these is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog: