I have been working on 3 different crochet block series – Star Wars, Minecraft and more recently Pokemon and whilst making these I had the idea for another series – Harry Potter (as 3 clearly isn’t enough already!).
The first make from this new Harry Potter crochet block series is a Dobby block, I really need to make a mini sock to go with this one!.
Other Harry Potter Crochet Blocks Available:
- Harry potter crochet block pattern series.
Other Crochet Block Series Available:
Harry Potter Crochet Block Series: Part 1 – Dobby Block Pattern
- Size: 17x17cm.
- DK Wool.
- Made using a 3.5mm crochet hook (if you want a bigger cube, you can use a bigger crochet hook, or smaller hook for a smaller cube).
- Uses half treble(UK)/half double(US) corner to corner crochet, A ‘How To’ for half treble(UK)/half double(US) corner to corner crochet is available here.
Mini Bobble (B):
B: Ch2 [(yo, insert hook, yo, pull up, yo, pull through 2 loops) x2, yo, pull through all loops] x3
Dobby Block Pattern: Assembly
- Once you have made the 6 sides sew the pieces together down the sides, you can use a piece of foam or stuffing to fill the cube. If using a cube sew the pieces together around it, if your using stuffing sew all the sides together but leave a 10cm gap so you can then put the stuffing in then sew the gap closed.
- Sew the ears onto the sides of the block, 2 squares back from the front edge and 2 squares down from the top edge.