I’ve been struggling to focus on my projects lately which has resulted in two things, one – hardly anything has been completed, and two – a ridiculous number of new projects have been started!
I try to keep each project in a separate bag as otherwise they all get knotted together and I loose bits of projects and have to remake them. However, with the amount of new things I have started all my project bags are full and I have projects all over the place – just waiting to become tangled up!
I know I won’t get anything finished quickly enough for these projects to go into my existing bags so it’s time to make some more! I had some lovely fabric by The Craft Cotton Company in my stash so I got cracking and made some drawstring bags!
To make one of these bags you will need:
1 piece of fabric 60×14 cm
1 piece of fabric 60×30 cm
1 pieces of fabric 60×6 cm
1. Take the 60×14 cm fabric and fold it in half (wrong sides together) so you have a piece of fabric 60x7cm.
2. Take the folded piece of fabric and place right sides together along the top edge of the 60×30 cm fabric piece, with the raw edge of the 60×7 cm piece placed along the raw edge of the 60x30cm piece. Sew along the edge to join.
3. Fold the joined fabric in half with right sides together. Next sew down the side and bottom of the fabric. When sewing down the side edge sew down to 2cm from the top then leave a gap of 2cm before sewing down the rest of the side edge. Turn the fabric out the right way.
4. To make the drawstring take the 60x6cm fabric and fold right sides together so you have a piece 60x3cm. Sew down the side edge and along the bottom edge leaving the top unsewn. Turn out the right way and sew the top edge closed.
5. Thread the drawstring through the gap on the side of the bag, use a safety pin to make this easier.