Over the last few years I’ve been working on a few different corner to corner crochet block pattern series with themes including Minecraft and Star Wars, I really enjoy making these crochet blocks and still have a lot more from these themes to complete. This year I have decided to add another block theme and start a Pokemon crochet block series!
First up is one of my favourite Pokemon (along with Psyduck who will be appearing very soon too) so welcome to the new Pokemon crochet block series Pikachu!.
This crochet Pokemon Pikachu block pattern includes ear and tail details too.
Other Pokemon Crochet Blocks Available:
Other Crochet Block Series Available:
Pokemon Crochet Block Series: Part 1 – Pikachu Block Pattern
- Size: 17x17cm.
- DK Wool.
- Made using a 3.5mm crochet hook (if you want a bigger cube, you can use a bigger crochet hook, or smaller hook for a smaller cube).
- Uses half treble(UK)/half double(US) corner to corner crochet, A ‘How To’ for half treble(UK)/half double(US) corner to corner crochet is available here.
Pikachu Block Pattern: Assembly
- Once you have made the 6 sides sew the pieces together down the sides, you can use a piece of foam or stuffing to fill the cube. If using a cube sew the pieces together around it, if your using stuffing sew all the sides together but leave a 10cm gap so you can then put the stuffing in then sew the gap closed.
- Sew the ears onto the top of the block, 2 rows from the front edge and 1 block in from each side. Sew along the front edge then sew along the back edge of the ear to secure.
- Sew the tail onto the back of the block, its placement can vary depending upon where you would like it to be seen, if you want to tail seen from the front place the tail on the left or right hand side of the block 2 rows in from the edge two rows up from the base and place it on an angle then sew to secure. If you only want the tail seen from the back sew the tail onto the middle of the back of the block 2 rows from the base of the block .