Another flurry into corner to corner crochet with these Minecraft Creeper and Ghast storage cases
Following my first successful attempt at corner to corner crochet with my corner to corner hearts blanket I decided to venture back and try something else. I have had an idea for some crochet storage cases for a while now and combined with my like for making things Minecraft related I decided to combine to two and make some Minecraft themed storage cases.
After digging out my graph paper again I got started on the patterns for a Creeper and a Ghast (I was thinking of starting with a mooshroom cow but didn’t have any red!). once I had got the pattern sorted I could get started on the crochet part.
Update: I finally got some red wool and completed a Minecraft Mooshroom version.
These cases measure up at approximately 20 x 11 cm, when using DK wool and a 4 mm crochet hook. The Ghast uses 3 colours (grey, black, white) and the Creeper uses 4 (black, dark green, medium green, light/sage green).
Pencil/Storage Case Assembly:
After I had completed the crochet part and sewn in all the loose ends it was time to put the cases together.
- Taking one of the cases: fold it in half with the right sides together and slip stitch down the two sides. Turn back out the right way.
- Attach the zip:
- I used a 20cm length zip, but make sure to measure along the top edge of your finished case to ensure zip size due to variations in wool and tension.
- Before sewing the zip I completed a few stitches at the bottom to hold the loose sides together which makes it easier for sewing in.
- I first sewed the zip along one of the top edges, then opened the zip and sewed it to the other side.
I decided to add some lining to my case just to ensure no bits could fall out. I opted for lining which had a white wrong side and pattern on the right side for my Ghast so that you wouldn’t see any pattern through the case but would on the inside, however, you could choose any pattern or colour you would like.
- To add lining: cut a piece of fabric (for each case) 21 x 22 cm and fold this in half (placing right sides together) so you have a piece 21 x 11 cm and sew down the sides.
- Fold the top edge over by 0.5 cm and press, then sew the lining into the case by placing the lining inside the case, pinning it in place with the top edge of the lining 0.5 cm from the zip and secure using a slip stitch.
2 thoughts on “Crochet Corner To Corner Minecraft Ghast And Creeper Pencil/Storage Cases Pattern”
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I Have a godson who is very into minecraft so a creeper storage case may be just the thing
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, I’m sure he would love it 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person