100 granny squares later and it’s finally finished – the grannies have successfully morphed into a pixelated Minecraft creeper blanket 

I have been plodding along making granny squares for what seems like an age now – it’s my fault it’s taken me so long really though because I have only been making the squares in the few spare moments I have had between other craft projects. Also I got so carried away making granny squares I actually made a few too many in the end, I’m sure I can put them to good use on another project at some point!.  

For the granny squares I completed a basic granny square, following the method below: 

1- ch5, then slip stitch into the first ch to make a round

    
2- ch3, then complete 2 trb into the round, *ch2, then complete 3trb into the round, repeat from * twice more, ch2 then slip stitch into the top of the ch3 at the start

   
 
  

3- ch3, then complete 2 trb into the corner space, * ch2, then complete 3trb into the corner space, ch2 then 3trb into the same corner space. Repeat from * twice more, then ch2, 3trb into the corner space, ch2 then slip stitch to the top of the 3ch at the start.

   
   

4- ch3, then complete 2trb into the corner space, *ch2, then complete 3trb into the ch2 space, ch2, then complete 3trb into the corner space, ch2 then complete 3trb into the same corner space. Repeat from *twice more. Then ch2 3trb into the 2ch space, ch2 then complete 3trb into the corner space, ch2 then slip stitch into the top of the 3ch at the start.

   
 
5- ch3, then complete 2trb into the corner space, *ch2, then complete 3trb into the ch2 space, ch2, then complete 3trb into the next ch2 space, then complete 3trb into the corner space, ch2 then complete 3trb into the same corner space. Repeat from *twice more. Then ch2 3trb into the 2ch space, ch2, 3trb into next 2ch space, ch2 then complete 3trb into the corner space, ch2 then slip stitch into the top of the 3ch at the start.

   
 

Once I had all 100 squares made, it was time to get them all put together, I laid them all out before starting this so I could make sure I got all the squares in the places I thought they would look best. The next job was the Sewing together which took quite a while. I sewed the squares together with a slip stitch, I didn’t want the bulky seam you get when using a dc stitch to join.  Once joined and the mammoth task of finishing off all the loose ends was complete I went around the edge of the blanket in two rows of dc stitch using black. 

  
I am very happy with this blanket, and I know its recipient is going to love this for Christmas! Now I need to get cracking on another granny square blanket – now it’s time for a Minecraft mushroom cow, I better get cracking!

   

   

12 thoughts on “100 granny squares later and it’s finally finished – the grannies have successfully morphed into a pixelated Minecraft creeper blanket 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s