I was making some folded paper bookmarks recently and while making them was thinking – ‘these would look good using fabric, I wonder if it would work’. The idea stayed with me for a few days and I decided it wasn’t going to so away so I would have to try it out – so I did!
I’m so glad I tried it out as I think it’s worked out really well and I will be making a fe snore of these in different fabric combinations. This was made using fabric from the ‘Chickie’ fat quarter set by The Craft Cotton Company.
1. Cut out two squares of fabric 14x14cm. Place right sides together and sew around leaving a 5cm gap for turning. Turn out the right way and sew the gap closed. Press.
2. Fold the top right corner to meet the bottom left corner and press.
3. Fold up the bottom corner. Press.
4. Fold the top right corner down to meet the bottom point. Repeat with the top left corner. Press.
5. Tuck the folded down corners under the triangle. Press.