Continuing on from my Christmas Tree makes are these mini stockings, these are great for putting little presents into and they can easily by personalised by sewing a name onto them. Added bonus with these is they are quick to make – perfect for any last minute gifts.
I made these using Christmas Birdhouse fabric by The Craft Cotton Company.
Fabric was gifted by The Craft Cotton Company.
Mini Fabric Christmas Stocking Sewing Tutorial:
- Cut out a paper template the size you want your stocking to be, then cut out 4 pieces of fabric in two different colours to give you a front and back in one colour and a front and back lining piece in another colour. Cut out two pieces of batting the same size.
- Cut out 2 pieces of fabric 4 x 28cm to make the loop. Place these two pieces right sides together sew around leaving the top edge unsewn. Turn out the right way.
- Place a piece of batting down then the back piece right side up on top, fold the loop in half and place with its raw edges against the raw edges of the side of the stocking, followed by the right side down front piece and a final piece of batting. Sew around leaving the top unsewn. Turn out the right way.
- Take the lining pieces and place right side together and sew around leaving the top edge unsewn.
- Place the lining inside the stocking and fold the top edge of the stocking inwards by 1 cm and the lining outwards by 1cm, slip stitch around to secure.