I wanted to make a hedgehog design on a cushion and decided that by using some patchwork triangles I could add some more texture to the cushion, and lots of triangles later and the hedgehog was completed! Think I might make another hedgehog cushion in the shape of a larger hedgehog and patchwork triangles on both sides.
The fabric was the Chickie fat quarter set by The Craft Cotton Company and the tutorial is now available over on their blog:
I received some lovely Japanese Florals fabric by The Craft Cotton Company and decided to do a fan block quilt. I must admit was a little daunted about all the curves – I don’t think I have ever sewn so may curved edges before, however, I made sure I took my time (I’m terrible for flying off at speed and then wondering why it all went wrong!) and all the blocks came together without too many problems – I have to admit there were one or two I got a bit carried with and in my haste hadn’t pinned properly so had to redo – getting carried and going to quickly is always my downfall! The tutorial to make one is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog:https://www.craftcottonblog.co.uk
When I saw this Bambi fabric by The Craft Cotton Company I knew it would be perfect for making a quilt, I have been looking at doing a tumbling block pattern on a quilt for a while now and decided now was time to give it a go!
I have always stayed clear of the tumbling blocks as I was nervous about sewing them all together and making they all aligned together correctly. I was really surprised how it went without any major problems – ignoring the fact of I managed to sew the pieces wrong sides together instead of right sides together a few times but we can just pretend that didn’t happen!
I really like the way this has turned out and I will definitely be making another tumbling blocks pattern soon.
The tutorial to make one of these is available over on The Craft Cotton Company blog:
Since my last patchwork drawstring bag I’ve been making a bit more progress through the Christmas makes. Am actually getting trough them a bit quicker than I was expecting so am hopeful I might actually get everything finished! I really want one of these bags for myself, but that will have to wait for now!
I used the very cute scotty dog fabric by The Craft Cotton Company for this one, and can’t wait for the recipient to open it!
Pattern for this is from Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine issue 40.
It seems to happen every year, no matter how early I start with the Christmas makes I always seem to be running out of time by the end! It’s starting to happen already this year and I am seriously starting to doubt whether I will get all the things I had planned made in time for Christmas.
On a happy note I have managed to complete the first of two drawstring patchwork bags I had planned for gifts. I saw this pattern in Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine (issue 40) and knew it would be perfect for some gifts this year, I love the Pom Pom detail on them it really adds to them.
This lovely fabric is from atbe penguin ski fat quarter set by The Craft Cotton Company.
I’ve got the next one cut and ready to be sewn together so hopefully it won’t be too long until it’s finished. In the meantime I need to speed on with all my other Christmas makes in the hope I manage to just get finished in time!
I’ve had some jelly roll fabric for a little while now and have been wanting to make a quilt with it, but just didn’t have time. Finally I’ve had a chance to put it together!
I haven’t made my own quilt binding before so I went a bit out of my comfort zone on this quilt and rather than folding the back fabric round to the front for the binding, I opted to make my own binding out of scrap fabrics.
I’m so glad I took the plunge to try something different as it was no where near as scary to do as I thought it would be and its worked out so much better than I thought it would, I will definitely be doing it again on my next quilt.
I followed this tutorial for making the binding:
The fabric I used was a jelly roll by The Craft Cotton company in vintage floral purple, which I cut down into different length strips, making sure I had 3 strips of the same length so they could be sewn together in threes before sewing all of these sets of threes together to make the quilt. The backing fabric was from IKEA. For the binding I used scraps leftover from the jelly roll and scraps I had left from a cotton fat quarter bundle in purple by Fabric Editions.
Super pleased with this quilt, what’s even better is this one is actually for me, I’ve been so busy making them for other people I’ve not got round to doing one for myself for a long time!
A few months ago I was asked by The Craft Cotton company if I would be able to make a patchwork quilt for them using the new Ombre trends range by Heather Jacks. I jumped at the chance to do this, firstly because I enjoy making quilts, second I love the Using The Craft Cotton Company fabrics and finally because I really liked the look of both the patterns and the colours of the new Ombre trends fabric, I couldn’t wait to get started!
I opted to use the English Paper piecing method to make this quilt as I really like using it when making quilts and don’t often get a chance to do it.
I was so pleased with the finale outcome of this blanket and my tutorial for making it is featured over on their blog;
The final Christmas quilt I made was a square blocks quilt, I’m was so glad I managed to get it finished in time – I was getting worried it was going to have to be gifted late. Luckily I didn’t encounter too many problems with this one, although being squares you would think it would be easier to get all the squares to line up unlike the triangles but I did have to redo a couple that manage to misalign themselves a little – and it really was just a little that no one else would notice (I’m talking millimetres here!) but I had to just get them perfect!