Woofing and wagging its tail out of the crochet bag is a dog hooded blanket pattern
The hooded blanket theme is continuing here, soon as I think I’ve made them all a few more ideas pop into my head!, I do have a few other projects on the sidelines that will be making there way on here soon but I just wanted to get a few more of these blankets finished first!
The pattern for this is available over on my Etsy and Ravelry shops.
Since my last patchwork drawstring bag I’ve been making a bit more progress through the Christmas makes. Am actually getting trough them a bit quicker than I was expecting so am hopeful I might actually get everything finished! I really want one of these bags for myself, but that will have to wait for now!
I used the very cute scotty dog fabric by The Craft Cotton Company for this one, and can’t wait for the recipient to open it!
Pattern for this is from Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine issue 40.
Fabric was gifted by The Craft Cotton Company.
I’m slowly starting to make a bit of a dent into my to do list – it maybe only a small dent but it’s all progress! The number of animal makes I have completed and have still yet to do is just insane, although finally they are starting to reduce in number and I have resisted adding any more – for now! I’ve managed to squeeze in this animal make before starting quite a big project I have been putting off for quite a while. I’m quite excited for this next make and surprisingly it’s not going to be animal related, although I have a feeling it’s going to be one of my biggest challenges I have taken on so far! However, back to this post and all of its animal cuteness!
I saw a pattern for these patchwork dachshunds in Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine (Issue 8) – it’s actually the reason I bought the magazine! I have been looking forward to doing them for a while and after the success of the patchwork rabbits I was confident I could give them a go! I made one with pinks, blues and biege, and the other in blues, greens, and biege. These were small pieces of some of my favourite fabrics I have had leftover from other projects so was very happy to be able to use them.
I think doing the rabbits first helped me a lot with doing these as I kind of knew what I was doing, rather than the unknown I experienced with the rabbits! I had no real problems at all, well until I sewed a head piece on upside down! But luckily I realised and got it sorted out without any trouble – the joys of unpicking!
I knew these dogs would look cute, but I really couldn’t believe how cute they have come out, I know they are going to be very well lived in their new homes – although they will have a little wait until they go as these are part of my ridiculous number of Christmas makes!