I have had the Edwards Imaginarium by Kerry Lord for a while now and have finally got round to making some of the fantastic creations from it, it took me ages to decide which to pick for my makes as I like so many of the different options it was hard to pick! As there were just so many I liked I decided to make two (for now!).
For the first I decided to use a Arran wool which would give me a slightly bigger monster than if i had used DK which I normally use for these. This monster uses the combination H:18, A:3, and F:5.
For the second I opted for a variegated chunky wool which I have had for a while now and have been waiting for the right project for it. This monster uses the combination H:20, A:9, and F19 (I didn’t cut the loops as i liked how it looked).
Cant wait to make a few more of these!!
Following my first successful attempt at corner to corner crochet with my corner to corner hearts blanket I decided to venture back and try something else. I have had an idea for some crochet storage cases for a while now and combined with my like for making things Minecraft related I decided to combine to two and make some Minecraft themed storage cases.
After digging out my graph paper again I got started on the patterns for a Creeper and a Ghast (I was thinking of starting with a mooshroom cow but didn’t have any red!). once I had got the pattern sorted I could get started on the crochet part.
These cases measure up at approximately 20 x 11 cm, when using DK wool and a 4 mm crochet hook. The Ghast uses 3 colours (grey, black, white) and the Creeper uses 4 (black, dark green, medium green, light/sage green).
After I had completed the crochet part and sewn in all the loose ends it was time to put the cases together. Taking one of the cases I folded it in half with the right sides together and slip stitched down the two sides.
After turning it back out it was time to sew on the zip. I used a 20 cm zip but make sure you measure along the top edge of your finished case to ensure your zip size due to variations in wool and tension. Before sewing in the zip I completed a few stitches at the bottom of the zip to hold the loose ends together which makes it much easier for sewing in.
I first sewed the zip along one of the top edges, then opened the zip and sewed it to the other side.
I decided to add some lining to my case just to ensure no bits could fall out. I opted for lining which had a white wrong side and pattern on the right side for my Ghast so that you wouldn’t see any pattern through the case but would on the inside, however, you could choose any pattern or colour you would like. To do this I cut a piece of fabric (for each case) 21 x 22 cm and folded this in half (placing right sides together) so I had a piece 21 x 11 cm and sewed down the sides.
I then folded the top edge over by 0.5 cm and pressed it so it would hold, then I was able to sew the lining into the case by placing the lining inside the case, pinning it in place with the top edge of the lining 0.5 cm from the zip and securing using a slip stitch.
Completely forgot to upload the link to this tutorial last year after gifting it to a friend and not being able to put it up on here until they had received it. Finally dawned on me I had forgotten after playing a game with them at the weekend. Think I need to make another one so I can get practising – I didn’t do well at all!
This target game will provide hours of fun for all the family, and it can also be easily taken out and about with you as it all fits into a handy drawstring bag. The tutorial can be found over on the craft cotton company blog along with lots of other great tutorials: