Ive been working on some crochet rabbit storage baskets for a little while now and I have finally got them all finished. I opted to make three different sizes which also means that they can stack inside each other when they don’t have anything in them.
These will be perfect for storing all my loose craft bits in rather than them all being strewn all over the table!
Ive got some ideas for some more of these too so it wont be long until a couple more appear!
If you would like to make some of these the pattern is available over on my Etsy shop:
How can it be week 4 already, it doesn’t seem two minutes ago I was starting my first stitch!
This week I’ve followed the weather and have added some snowflakes and some wind blown leaves, I think I will be sewing a lot more raindrops if I follow the weather again this week!
It’s that time of the week again for an update on how my year in stitches is going. The weeks seem to be flying by as it doesn’t seem two minutes since I uploaded last weeks!
Over the last week I have been working on some more flowers in the summer section and have started to move onto the next section with some autumn rain drops. There’s been a bit of snow around these last few days which has given me an idea of what I will be doing over the next week!
I’ve decided to do a weekly update of my year in stitches as I don’t think I could keep up with a daily one – hopefully I manage to keep up with this, it may become a monthly update as the year goes on!
This week I have added another 7 stitch details to my hoop, including some dragonflies and infilled the flower petals. The stitch for the dragonflies proved a little bit trickier than I thought but I managed to get there after a few attempts. I have a feeling this hoop is going to become seasonal – despite no planning I have already got summer underway and have plans for a winter section too!
Im really happy with how the hoop is coming along so far and am looking forward to seeing it grow over the coming weeks.
I’ve really enjoyed making the fox and owl embroidery hoops recently and after receiving one of The Craft Cotton Company sewing bee fat quarter sets (white) I knew it would be perfect for making another.
I opted to use the grey fat quarter as I thought it would provide the best background and drew up a design to embroider. The full tutorial is available on The Craft Cotton Company’s blog:
I came across a year of stitches on instagram by Hannah Claire Somerville (http://hannahclairesomerville.com/home.html) and decided I would give it a go this year. I have been wanting to work more on my embroidery over the last few years and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to practise and attempt some new stitches.
I am using a slightly smaller hoop as I didn’t want to be too ambitious and the thought of a bigger hoop made me slightly nervous! I will try and complete a piece of sewing each day without any pre-planning of an end result so it will be quite random – I’m really looking forward to how it turns out.
I have been wanting to attempt some of the stitches out of this book for quite a while now – it was my Grans who was unbelievable at sewing, it would be brilliant if I could manage to accomplish some of the stitches out from it.
I’m really happy with how it’s turning out so far, fingers crossed I don’t encounter too many problems!
I managed to get all my Christmas makes completed in plenty of time this year (yey!) which meant I had time to fit in a sneaky make for myself before starting up again with other makes.
This cross stitch project I have been wanting to make for sometime but previously haven’t found the time to squeeze it in so was very pleased to be able to get started. I saw this crafty sampler in CrossStitcher magazine Issue 287 (January 2015) and really liked the added the details of the buttons and safety pins. I managed to get it all finished over Christmas – supported by a ridiculous about of christmas treats!
I opted to use grey aida instead of the white, and picked out some purple buttons as I have a load of buttons in this colour at the moment. Some of the colours are slightly different to the original pattern too – there was no chance of getting out and finding the exact numbers over christmas so I substituted some in from my stash!
Now I just need to get a frame sorted so I can get it displayed up on the wall.
Now time to get cracking on 2018’s make list!