Time for another embroidered hoop, off with the birds this time with an owl
Since completing my fox embroidery hoop Ive been working on another, this time an owl. This had more embroidered details on it than the fox due to the front feathered chest section so took me a little longer to put together but am super happy with how it has turned out.
Embroidered Owl Hoop Assembly Instructions
- To make the hoop I drew out the owl outline on paper, then traced this onto the fabric background. I then went around the outlines in a backstitch and infilled the outlines using different embroidered patterns.
- To frame it in the hoop I made sure it was centralised and really tightened the hoop so it wouldn’t move at all once it was put together.
- Then I cut the fabric around the hoop 4cm from the edge of the hoop.
- After completing a round of stitching 1cm from the edge of the fabric I pulled the thread tight to pull in the edges of the fabric and completed a few stitches to secure.
- A round piece of felt could then be sewn onto the back to hide the gathered back.
- For hanging I used two pieces of different coloured ribbon (30 cm) and attached a loop through the hoop fastening along with a bow in the same two ribbon colours (55 cm).